Managing Your Shareholding On-line
Irish Continental Group plc in conjunction with our Registrar Computershare Investor Services (Ireland) Limited (“Computershare”) has made it possible to manage your shareholding online through Investor Centre. Investor Centre is a free, secure online service provided by Computershare, giving you convenient access to information on your shareholdings. By managing your shareholding online you can take advantage of all these features and more:
- View share balances and market values for all of your Computershare-managed holdings
- Update dividend mandate bank instructions and view dividend payment history
- Register to receive company communications online
- Cast your proxy vote online for forthcoming General Meeting
- Update personal details, such as your address
Registration is quick and easy. Just click the “Login / Register” link belowto the right. You will need your Shareholder Reference Number (SRN) to hand. This number can be found on your Irish Continental Group share certificates, dividend counterfoils or any personal correspondence received from Computershare. After registering you will be sent an activation code in the post which you will need to validate your account. Once your account is activated, you will have full access to Investor Centre services. The account is specific to you and not to Irish Continental Group therefore the account will allow you access to all of your Computershare-managed holdings.
This service is not available where a shareholding is held indirectly through a nominee. In that case the shareholder should contact their stockbroker or other nominee representative with any queries relating to their shareholding.
Travel Discounts for Shareholders
We are delighted to advise registered shareholders of 1,000 or more ICG shares that they can avail of the following discounts with Irish Ferries:
- 20% discount on passenger & car ferry services between Ireland & Britain and France & Britain
- 10% discount on passenger & car ferry services between Ireland & France (direct sailings only).
- 5% discount on Irish Ferries inclusive package holidays (incorporating travel with Irish Ferries).
Please note these are the maximum discounts available on any one booking. Shareholder discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer, fare or promotion. In addition, as part of our on-going drive to increase efficiency and reduce distribution costs, all shareholder ferry bookings must now be made via our internet site www.irishferries.com. Shareholder Holiday Package Bookings will continue to be arranged via telephone.
How to claim your discount
Book On-Line at www.irishferries.com
- Log-on to www.irishferries.com and make your booking in the normal way;
- Once your booking is complete, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com with details of your Booking Reference Number and evidence of your shareholding. In the case of shares held directly please supply the Shareholder Reference Number (SRN) shown on the share certificate or other correspondence such as dividend voucher. In the case of shares held through a stockbroker nominee please supply a letter or statement from the stockbroker dated within the last 3 months confirming your shareholding interest in Irish Continental Group.
- We will then credit your card with the relevant discount.
If you have any questions, or would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact Irish Ferries Customer Support in Dublin on +353 (0)1 607 5700 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: This notice is to inform shareholders of their eligibility for discount. It is not an invitation to subscribe for or purchase shares. With regard to the purchase of shares you should obtain professional advice from your accountant, financial advisor or stockbroker.
Terms & Conditions
- To qualify for the discount the person travelling must be the beneficial owner of the shares and apply for the discount via our internet site www.irishferries.com at the time of booking.
- The shareholder discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount or scheme.
- The discount applies only to published brochure prices for passenger and vehicle transportation, cabin accommodation, trailers and caravans used for leisure purposes as well as motor cycles and bicycles, on a port to port basis only.
- The discount does not apply to commercial vehicles, on board sales, the transport element of inclusive holiday packages or other carriers services offered through Irish Ferries or any Tour operator, environmental and other administration charges.
- Advance booking is essential and there is no restriction on the number of trips the shareholders may make at the discounted rate during the validity of the scheme.
- A Corporate body may nominate one employee to avail of the discount but this benefit may not be transferred to other individuals within the same company.
- Shareholders holding their shareholding through a nominee must provide confirmation from the nominee confirming their current beneficial interest in the shares.
- Persons who hold existing bookings may avail of the discount provided application is made 10 days prior to final due payment date. If payment has already been made shareholders may apply for a refund of the discount.
- The eligibility of the shareholder for the discount, the level of discount and the granting thereof is at the sole discretion of the Company.
- Subject to the availability of space at time of booking and subject to the Carriers Booking Conditions and Conditions of Travel.
Investor Fraud Alert
Warning against possible Investor Fraud (Boiler room Fraud)
Please be aware that companies, typically from overseas, sometimes make unsolicited contact with shareholders offering to buy their shares or to sell shares on their behalf at prices which can be significantly higher than the market price of the share. Some shareholders in Irish Stock Exchange and London Stock Exchange listed companies have recently experienced unsolicited and unauthorised approaches. Always remember:
- Remain vigilant
- Obtain the correct name of the person and organisation
- Check if the company is appropriately authorised (by a financial regulator)
- Obtain independent advice from a qualified advisor
- Report any unsolicited approaches to the Company’s Registrar
- Do not respond to high pressure tactics
To check if the company that contacts you is appropriately authorised to operate as an investment firm in Ireland, check with the Central Bank of Ireland on their website – www.centralbank.ie – or call +353 (0)1 224 4000. In the UK, check with the FSA on their website – www.fsa.gov.uk – or call +44 (0)845 606 1234.